[PD] use LADSPA plugins under Mac OS X (pd-extended, plugin~)

Rua Haszard Morris ruahm at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 12 21:35:56 CEST 2009

Hi - I am trying to use LADSPA plugins within Pd and am having a tough time... attached is an example patch I am trying to get to work. It's simply a mono noise source through a comb filter. The particular plugin is the SWH comb filter (http://plugin.org.uk/ladspa-swh/docs/ladspa-swh.html). The problem is I get no sound out of the output of plugin~.

I am on Mac OS X 10.5.7 using 0.40.3-extended. (I have downloaded 0.41.4 but am having some crash-on-launch problem with that so am sticking with 0.40.3 for now).

I have copied all my LADSPA plugins to the appropriate place, and they are found and instantiated correctly by plugin~, info displays correct info etc.

Can someone give me some tips on how to use LADSPA plugins in Pd on Mac OS X, or email me an example patch?

Note that the case in particular that I care about is using Pd to host sidechain compression (and other nonlinear routing things) - I initially tried getting SWH SC3 (great sidechain compression!) to work in Pd, and audio was passing through, but I couldn't produce any compression, it seemed as though I had the parameter inputs set up incorrectly. So if anyone can give me an example of how to do this I'd _really_ appreciate it.

Any tips, info, or clues would be greatly appreciated :)

thanks
Rua HM.

 --
http://cartoonbeats.com