[PD] Split multichannel audio file into stereo pairs

Ignacio Viano ignacioviano at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 04:01:58 CEST 2009

Hi everyone.

I want to split a 32-bits 12 tracks audio file (aif) into 6 stereo files
(consecutive pairs i.e. 1-2, 3-4, etc.).

I've already tried with [soundfiler], but there seems to be many problems
with large files (this one is aprox. 10 minutes lenght) and with 32-bits
reading (I listen a kind of quantizing error noise, a sort of dithering-less
noise). In fact, I'm thinking of reporting a bug on it, but I'd have to
explain which exactly the problem is, and I need some time for that.

Currently, I'm doing this manually with Audacity, but I need it to be
automatic and, if possibly, with PD. Any ideas?

Thanks

Ignacio