[PD] Delay effect without pitchchange

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jun 22 11:37:52 CEST 2009

Hallo,
Bj?rn Nielsen hat gesagt: // Bj?rn Nielsen wrote:

> I trying to make a delay effect. But the solutions I have tried out
> does either change pitch (with vd~) or make click noises when you
> change delay time (with delread~).
>
> Do you guys have a suggestion to how I can make the delay effect
> without pitch change and without click noises?

To declick you could amplitude-envelope the discontinous delay time change for
example with a [line~] ramp after the delread~ or vd~. Just briefly mute the
signal, change the delay time, and unmute it again.

Alternatively you can use the switch-and-ramp technique:
http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/techniques/latest/book-html/node63.html

Ciao
--
Frank