[PD] clipping variations

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Jun 24 16:48:03 CEST 2009

Simplest way is to use [pack] and [line~]:

[hslider]

[pack 0 50]

[line~]

To smooth out the MIDI values. Replace "50" in the [pack] with an
appropriate interpolation value in miliseconds. A larger number will
smooth the input more, but will add latency as well.

Best!
D.

Alexandre Bräutigam wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm using a midi controller to control volume and frequency from a "not
> so simple" synth's patch (/H15.phaser.pd/ w/ some little modifications).
> Into the volume's subpatch, I use the objects: ctlin, Hslider, / and
> number boxes (this way out to the right *~ volume control) The problem
> is: when i use the controller's knob [even not so] fast, i hear some
> clipping. Noisy stuff. how can I eliminate this noise? I try sig~ but
> it's not working good to solve this problem. Can I found some signal
> slider? (I remember there's something like that at max/msp).
UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management ->

::: derek holzer ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista :::
http://www.vimeo.com/macumbista :::
---Oblique Strategy # 36: