[PD] pd-extended on Fedora 10

adrian.g adrian.g at zoho.com
Tue Jun 30 21:54:50 CEST 2009

---- On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:01:53 -0700 Jeff Sandys <sandysj at juno.com> wrote ----

 > I didn't get the error messages about xmms and mysqlclient15 with this
 > method, you may want to try installing xmms-devel instead of xmms-dev ...

Thanks! The xmms-devel worked fine, but still no luck with mysqlclient15-devel nor mysqlclient15-dev. I even search for mysqlclient packages on Fedora website but they only have mysqlclient14 and 10 and only for fedora 9 and 7. Would it be fine to use version 14 for f9 instead?

 > Yes. Just download the file and install per the instructions at:
 >  http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html
 > except change the tar and cd commands to match the file name.
 >
 > The text size is OK in 41.4-extended-rc4 and if you use the prefix option
 > as listed you won't overwrite the PlanetCCRMA PD 39.3 version.

I think I did follow similar instructions when installing pd-extended last time, only without the prefix option.
Btw. I don't have the CCRMA version installed. At the moment I have pd-vanilla from Millers website installed in usr\local so I guess I should install the extended version somewhere else. I just don't quite get this:

   "you need to always start Pd in its bin dir with ./pd in order for it to find all its stuff"

does it mean I need to cd to pd's bin directory and type ./pd in the terminal to start it?

thanks again.

Adrian