[PD] What does it take to do 64 bit?

Mike Mazarick mazarick at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 1 15:30:31 CEST 2009

I am running a Fedora linux x86_64 linux distribution (currently, FC8 CCRMA
x86_64, with plans to go to FC11 later).   I don't mind compiling from
sources, but I seem vaguely aware that PD is primarily for 32 bit
architectures.   The 64 bit version is not easily downloadable in an RPM
package, which tells me something.

Is PD 64 bit compatible without having to jump thru too many hoops?   I
haven't been following the thread closely enough to know the current answer.
I don't think it has been explicitly stated whether it is "64 bit friendly"
since the upgrade in the code a few weeks/months ago.

If I have to run some type of chroot 'jail' to run it, it would be nice to
know (however, it will be a while before I am motivated enough to set it all
up).

-Mike Mazarick