[PD] What does it take to do 64 bit?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Jul 1 15:46:58 CEST 2009

If you build it from source, it should be ready to go, especially if
you build it from trunk.  There isn't a 64-bit build machine, so
that's why there aren't Pd-extended 64-bit releases.

.hc

On Jul 1, 2009, at 9:30 AM, Mike Mazarick wrote:

> I am running a Fedora linux x86_64 linux distribution (currently,
> FC8 CCRMA x86_64, with plans to go to FC11 later).   I don’t mind
> compiling from sources, but I seem vaguely aware that PD is
> primarily for 32 bit architectures.   The 64 bit version is not
> easily downloadable in an RPM package, which tells me something.
>
> Is PD 64 bit compatible without having to jump thru too many
> hoops?   I haven’t been following the thread closely enough to know
> the current answer.   I don’t think it has been explicitly stated
> whether it is “64 bit friendly” since the upgrade in the code a few
> weeks/months ago.
>
> If I have to run some type of chroot ‘jail’ to run it, it would be
> nice to know (however, it will be a while before I am motivated
> enough to set it all up).
>
> -Mike Mazarick

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during
that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big
Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General Smedley Butler