[PD] bug in freeverb???

freequencies at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 20:13:36 CEST 2009

2009/7/1 Andres Ferrari <anfex at yahoo.com>:

> when is connected into freeverb any signal multiplied by zero
> the CPU usage begin to up and up to the limit, and if the patch is heavy by far exceeds the 100%....sound and everything becomes a mess.

suppose is a bug...it happens to me as well in Ubuntu Studio 8.04
hardy....so when you close the inner gate to the freeverb~ this makes
lots of clipping....
i've tried with the gate closed before freeverb~ and after the
external as well and it happens :S....
one solution is to keep the gate always opened (between values from
0.01 til 1) so for low amplitudes you don't listen the reverb
filter...but of course is not an elegant way.

salut
x!