[PD] portaudio compatibility with some ASIO drivers (Windows only)

Stefano Papetti stefano.papetti at univr.it
Fri Jul 3 10:16:01 CEST 2009

Dear Thomas,

Thomas Grill ha scritto:
>> I can say that i've never had problems with the RME drivers,
>> especially ASIO with various applications.
>> If there are problems i suspect them to be related to some old
>> portaudio code used in Pure Data.
>> Up-to-date portaudio versions work flawlessly with RME drivers.

I checked my issue with 2 applications (made by a colleague) which have
been compiled respectively against the latest portaudio available from
the website and from svn: they both can see the driver "Fireface ASIO"
and its properties correctly. Therefore I suspect there's something
wrong either with the version used by pd and Audacity, or their
utilization of portaudio.
If I find the time, I'll try compiling pd against those versions of
portaudio to see what happens.

Best,