[PD] raw audio format and open files randomly

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jul 4 11:55:45 CEST 2009

Gerhardsenz wrote:
> Hello IOhannes

hi

if your reply is not "intimate", i would prefer it if discussions were
kept on the list and not moved to private threads.
thus knowledge can spread on it's own and people do not have to ask or
answer the same questions again and again...
therefore, i include pd-list again

> First problem got solved...

good.

> Concerning the second topig:
> Do i have to create the list manually which means typing everything by hand?
> I suppose in C ++ could be ways to do it but i am no programmer at all.

it's in C++ as simple (or complicated) as in Pd.

> And i am just wondering if someone allready had done such things?

there are so many ways to solve a problem.
usually environments that were created to deal with files in a
programmatic way will deal best with this special problem.
the obvious choice are all those cmdline tools and shells, like bash,
find, locate
e.g.
% find / -type f | while read line ; do echo "${line};" | pdsend 6666
localhost udp; done

mfgasdr
IOhannes