[PD] Sysex out problems (linux only)

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 02:08:13 CEST 2009

I haven't actually tested sysex out limits, but sysex in is limited to
something like 24 byte messages..

here is a thread where i talk about it:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2009-01/067372.html

It is hard coded into the source. You can modify the source to change
the hard coded limit.. i have a diff on that thread which shows how i
did it.

It would be nice if this limit was either totally removed or
dynamically growable.. as it would be really nice to be able to write
real sysex editors in PD.

I have been creating my own physical devices with sysex and I use pd
to edit the sysex data but i have to make my sysex packets short
because of PD's limitations.

-Alex