[PD] midi to osc?

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Thu Jul 9 20:24:40 CEST 2009

Hi Josh,

Welcome to the wonderful world of message construction in Pd. Your most
basic chain will be to use [notein] to get MIDI notes and then [pack] to
pack together the kind of OSC message the synth expects. This can all be
done in Vanilla Pd.

More complicated messages can be done in a wide and weird number of
ways. Best to look at the list-abs abstractions in Pd-Extended.

However, you will need Extended or the individual OSC objects on your
system to communicate with an OSC application outside of Pd, either
locally on your own machine or out on a network somewhere. Check the
oscx help files in Extended. [sendOSC] is the particular object you'll
need to send to the other OSC client software.

best,
Derek

--
::: derek holzer ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista :::