[PD] midi to osc?

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Thu Jul 9 23:19:45 CEST 2009

Howdy,

IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> thanks for the plentiful use of ;-) to peace my mind...

OOOHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMM.........

> if i understand hans correctly, he is planning to remove all the "loaded
> by default" anyhow (which i think is not a bad thing).

This doesn't give me any peace of mind at all. What a terrible idea! But
I guess most people in free software really can't get over the idea of
spending all day compiling and configuring their applications before
they can enjoy using them ;-)

> alternatively: i guess the tutorials are not self-contained (e.g. you
> can expect the user to already having read the other tutorial where they
> are tought to connect objects), so you can also schedule the "library

Actually the tutorials *should* be as self-encapsulated as possible, so
that they can be "remixed" between different manuals to make your own
custom one. So stuff like "import" and "declare" etc etc would have to
be explained in-line, just in case someone wants to make a manual about
how to connect two different FLOSS apps via OSC, for example....

D.

--
::: derek holzer ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista :::
http://www.vimeo.com/macumbista :::