[PD] Pd Tutorial redesigned

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 11 11:33:10 CEST 2009

> a/ if there's only one tutorial registered at pd-tutorial.com,
> why should i waste my time making another one?

there's only one tutorial there because the site was made by the author
for the material he made himself. if you don't like it, you can write your
own tutorial/site, such as
"www.theoneandonlyreallyfreepdtutorial-nottobeconfusedwithpd-tutorial.com-whichisn'treallyfreeinthefirstplace.com"
- that way people will now that there's an even better site for a even
more open tutorial.
or give the author constructive suggestions in the way he can improve his
material.

> b/ i think tutorials are basically producing people
> making the same kind of music and/or visuals,
> every library has its own help,
> why would you need to be guided from A to Z?
> result would be just another clone,
> like people learning to play guitar
> playing beatle's songs...
> not what i'm interested in,,,

you mean a clone in the same way it happens when someone reads the
helpfile of any library/object and does exactly what's described in the
helpfile, thus limiting the way he thinks? what would be the difference
then betwen a helpfile and a tutorial? I guess it's the user's choice if
he wants to be a clone or not, not of the material he reads. some people
are quite happy making/being clones, you can't force them to be "free"
(whatever that is).