[PD] CPU Object...

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 23:47:15 CEST 2009

The GEM crash comes from a system call to copy memory in pix_image.  The
system call is not the problem and pix_image has been very thoroughly
tested.  It could be hitting a memory limit for the process (4 GB!).  You
are either playing 100+ soundfiles in Pd already or there is a bug in readsf
that doesn't exit threads when done with a file.

It looks like you are using the playlist object, which leaks memory, and
should probably be avoided for installation work.

Are you really using a DVCPRO-HD camera or is that some spurious process
running?  The ColorSync is also something I've never seen in GEM either.
All in all a fairly baffling crash report.