[PD] How to exchange tables between different instances of pd in real time?

Martin Schied crinimal at gmx.net
Mon Jul 13 22:48:32 CEST 2009

Hi!

I'm currenty connecting a fft-analysis and resynthesis patch with a gem
patch containing pix_sig2pix~ and pix_pix2sig~. I have to use separate
instances of pd, so some kind of table exchange has to take place
between them. my tables are 65536 samples big at the moment.

I tried netsend + until + tabread, but that was too slow and made huge
drop outs in the audio patch. Then I found streamin~ and streamout~ but
my patches had no sync - so I don't know beginnings and endings of
successive tables.

Is there something to exchange big audio chunks or tables? I'm currently
thinking about using soundfiler and a ramdisk for exchange, but if
there's something more convenient I'll try that.

I found streamio13~ which can send several audio signals in parallel, so
I could build a simple syncing mechanism...?

open for any suggestions...

Martin