[PD] How to exchange tables between different instances of pd in real time?

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Wed Jul 15 11:05:55 CEST 2009

Max a écrit :

> Am 14.07.2009 um 21:19 schrieb Martin Schied:
>> @Frank: Thanks for that suggestion but I couldn't find mails in the
>> list saying that pd~ did the job for Max Neupert. In fact his only
>> mail I could find was about pd~ not working some time ago..?
>
> it does work nicely. i think it's the way how to split audio and video
> in two separate processes to avoid interference.
no, it will not avoid interference.
it's the way to go if you have a dual core computer and wish do dedicated 1 core for the audio, and 1 core (+ GPU) for the images rendering.
but since the 2 pd instance are synchronised at audio rate, if the video processing is using more then 100% of a CPU, then it will slow down both pd instance and you should then ear click on the audio.

to avoid interference, you should use 2 pd, and connect them via netsend.

Cyrille