[PD] HID problem in Xubuntu.

Diego Azar dazar_uy at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 15 11:49:43 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to use de hid librari in Xubuntu.
I installed pd-hid.deb package without trouble and everything works perfect (usb mouse, keyboard, etc) except for the touchpad. It's not a permission issue, i've already gave permission to /dev/input/event0-9 and /dev/input/mouse0-2.

In my laptop the touchpad is located in /dev/input/event8, and when I give the [hid] object the message [open 8(, the console gives this result: "evdev EVIOCGABS ioctl: Invalid argument" and hid don't output any value.

I searched in the list archives but couldn't find any help. It was a message reporting a similar problem with a tablet but the replies didn't work for me.

thanks,

Diego.