[PD] Gem blackmagic/QuickTime/OSX problems (?)

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 15:22:51 CEST 2009

I had to add some messages to pix_video to get the Blackmagic cards working
at all.  They only show up as one device with several inputs.  Try a message
like 'device 3, input 2' to configure the thing.  Count how far down it is
in the 'dialog' device window for the device number and then whatever input
is under the Blackmagic device.  It's kind of a pain to deal with these
cards, but they are really cheap for HD capture.

Also he shouldn't get anything with the 'firewire' device if he's using the
Blackmagic card.  Can you find out what the camera is and how it is
connected?