[PD] Multiple audio devices limited to four devices?

Martin Schied crinimal at gmx.net
Fri Jul 17 16:28:38 CEST 2009

Hi!

I'm trying to use five (or more) ultra-cheap stereo-USB-speakers
together. Four of them are working when starting pd with

/usr/bin/pd -rt -oss -audiooutdev "2,3,4,5,6" -outchannels "2,2,2,2,2"
multiaudiotest.pd

when looking into media, audio-settings dialog, only the first four of
them are visible and also only these four are usable for output.

this is with Pd version 0.41-4extended, ubuntu-intrepid and also pd
0.42.5. I assume this is a hard coded limit which can be changed - but I
don't know where...

cheers,
Martin