[PD] HID problem in Xubuntu.

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Jul 18 23:31:37 CEST 2009

Hey Dan,

Making a 90-puredata.rules file and including it in the package sounds
like a good idea.  We will need to be careful with the permissions
stuff, I don't want to be responsible for lots of people getting their
machines pwned via pd ;)  I imagine MODE=0666 is not necessary, for
example, MODE=0660 with the plugdev group should work and be more
secure.

If you have something sketched out, how about committing it to the SVN,
or posting it to the patch tracker.  Or really whatever it takes to get
people to contribute work on this stuff.  I don't know the udev stuff
really, so I don't have much to contribute there.

I see no reason not to include the .rules file in the Pd-extended
package, we'll just have to work out the security details if its going
to be loaded by default.

.hc