[PD] why do [bp~] and [vcf~] sound different?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jul 20 12:24:41 CEST 2009

Hallo,
Ichabod hat gesagt: // Ichabod wrote:

> Thanks for the responses! I've seen the filter patches in the RJ library but
> haven't tried them yet; I guess I should.
>
> Also, since Cyrille mentioned benchmarking, what's the best way to do this?

For rough benchmarking dsp objects, I generally just put what I'd like to test
into an abstraction, then I create a lot of copies and watch the load meter
accessible through the Pd menu. It's a bit crude, but quick to do.

For benchmarking message based objects I use [cputime]: Again make an
abstraction that e.g. receives a bang on a global receiver to start the
calculation. Then use a triple-trigger:

 [start benchmark(

 [t b b b]
 |   |   |