[PD] making scales from frequency values

J bz jbeezez at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 21 00:39:16 CEST 2009

Dear Mike and Andrew,

Thank you for your speedy responses, though I think I am not explaining
myself very well.  I don't want to use mtof or ftom as these objects even
out my ratios.  What I'm looking to do is create a scale (say 12 notes for
example) out of these ratio's with the possibility of filling in the
consonant gaps whilst preserving the original frequencies and ratio's.  The
1st number in each group is the strongest partial so: 912Hz, 1081Hz, 1211Hz
etc.  If I'm saying that these frequencies are 'good' to my ear, is there a
way of creating equally 'good' sounding notes to fill in the gaps in, say
for example, a 12 note scale based on these notes scaling from the lowest to
the highest without doing the whole thing 'by ear'?

Cheers for weighing in,

Jbz