[PD] making scales from frequency values

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jul 21 11:47:20 CEST 2009

Hallo,
Derek Holzer hat gesagt: // Derek Holzer wrote:

> There seems to be some disagreement in whether the original poster wants
> his partials quantized to notes within an existing scale (I assume he
> does not) or whether he wants to preserve the exact ratios of partials
> to fundamental (which I assume he does). Does [tunetof] do both?

tunetof is for scales, not for sound design: You design the scale you want to
use with Scala (or a with text editor and some math) and then convert and load
the scale description into [tunetof]. As default [tunetof] behaves exactly like
[mtof], but the fun begins, when you start using different scales.

Ciao
--
Frank