[PD] float counting reset not working

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Sun Jul 26 23:00:37 CEST 2009

Caio Barros wrote:
> Hello everybody
> I was trying to make a very very simple counter that counts to 2 and then
> resets. (just learning)
> I tried to do that with [route 1 2] objetct, so when it gets the number 2 it
> sends a bang to a message box containing "0" and starts all over.
> But it's not working, it just continues counting. I'm sending an attached
> picture of the patch.

The multiple wires from the same outlet of the [+ 1] might not execute
in the order you expect.  Read this carefully:

http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/Pd_documentation/x2.htm#s3.2

So: use [trigger] (aka [t])

> I have two more questions:
> 1) Is there a non-gui object that works exactly like a toggle? I'm asking
> that because the bang gui have it's bang message twin.

You can make one with two objects, [f] and [== 0].  It won't behave
exactly like a toggle (it'd spit out error messages if you sent it
messages to change its colour, etc)..

> 2) Is there a way to make the pd-extended looks like pd-vanilla, just the
> good old black and white? In black and white I can create tiny little
> pictures of my patches to attach in e-mails like this ;)

You can attach the .pd files, which lets people run the examples rather
than just looking at them.

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org