[PD] Problems with DIO errors / audio clicking

James Dunn james at 4thharmonic.com
Tue Jul 28 18:42:10 CEST 2009

I'm having problems with DIO errors and glitchy audio with PD-extended
0.41.4
My computer is an HP Compaq nc6000 1.6Ghz laptop with 500mb RAM and I'm
running Ubuntu 9.04.
The kernel is 2.6.28-13-generic and I've tried using the realtime kernel
which is 2.6.28-3-rt but it's no different. I've tried editing
/etc/security/limits.conf to include the lines:

@audio - rtprio 99
@audio - nice -19
@audio - memlock unlimited

but this hasn't helped either.

I start jack with qjackctl and my settings are:

Realtime, No Memory Lock, Frames/Periods: 1024 sample rate 44100,
Periods/Buffer: 2,.

Can anyone help?

thanks

James