[PD] pd problem

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jul 28 23:09:31 CEST 2009

Hallo,
Vitor Monaco hat gesagt: // Vitor Monaco wrote:

>  Hello, i?m from brazil and i just started the manipulacion in PD.
> I?m having problems in recording... i used the object 'writesf~ 2' connected
> with two massage box as 'start' and 'stop'...
>
> but nothing happened... so.. can anyone help me?? ifeahouheauea

writesf~ can be pretty ignorant when it is not treated as it expects to be
treated. I've been bitten by that many times, too. Most likely you did not
"open" a file prior to recording. It is crucial that you follow the order of commands
all the way like writesf~ wants it:

1) "open file.wav"
2) "start"
3) "stop"
4) ... got to 1) again

Never skip a step here, then it should work!

Ciao
--
Frank