[PD] ptl and IanniX

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 03:05:14 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've been looking at these two applications for graphical notation via OSC:

ptl:
D. Henry, “PTL, a new sequencer dedicated to graphical scores,” in Proc. of
the 2004 Int. Computer Music Conf, 2004, 738–41.
http://dh7.free.fr/otl/PTL_dh20040312.pdf

IanniX:
T. Coduys and G. Ferry, “IanniX aesthetical/symbolic visualisations for
hypermedia composition,” in Proceedings International Conference Sound and
Music Computing (SMC’04), 2004.
http://www.la-kitchen.fr/download/Papers/PAPER_077.pdf
(what in youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvGFtYzJ88s)

I suppose their developers or users are on this list, so I was wondering
about a couple things.

These papers are from the same year, yet I take it they are separate
projects.  Has this changed at all?

How does time work in ptl?  I don't have the program, but from one of the
images it looks like time flows left->right, triggering the events made by
the position of shapes.

Any progress in these applications in the last 5 years, or others?

cheers,
Rich