[PD] changeable receive

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jul 29 20:45:01 CEST 2009

Hallo,
Hans Roels hat gesagt: // Hans Roels wrote:

> From what I read and tried, it is impossible to change the argument of
> 'receive' (like the right inlet of send) in Pd-vanilla.
> Is there a trick to solve this in vanilla?

I believe, renaming a receive is bad practice in general (I've never used this
in many years of Pd patching, not even where I could like in sliders or
tables.) So I would rather recommend to rethink the problem you're trying to
solve. It's much better to rename at the other end i.e. the [send] or the
[tabread] because that's the area "where the action is" anyway and in most
cases you get the same net result.

If you really want to send something from a single send and distribute it to
different receives, you can use something like the settable "route" called
[sroute] that is part of the [list]-abs although it doesn't belong there. It's
basically wrapping a select with a list to emulate route. Or use something like
demux/spigot.

Just think of what you would do with direct connections.

Ciao
--
Frank