[PD] tabwriteat~ object

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Aug 4 15:21:55 CEST 2009

Hallo,
Charles Henry hat gesagt: // Charles Henry wrote:

> Doesn't tabwrite~ have a second inlet to set the name of the array
> (It's been awhile)?  If so, then what harm could there be in
> re-writing the object with 3 inlets?  Would it break something?

It just has one inlet, you change the table to set with "set NAME" messages into
the first inlet.

So, yes, adding a second inlet should not change anything there. But it gets a
bit tricky later on: How should you deal with a [bang( message that goes into
the first inlet when there's something connected to the new audio-index inlet?
There is a conflict of interest, which IMO is better solved with a new object.

Actually I like the name [tabfeed~], as it somehow describes, that with audio
index inlets you kind of constantly feed data into the table.

Ciao
--
Frank