[PD] [PD-dev] Pure Data/gridflow/running flow_objects.c

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Aug 5 00:07:16 CEST 2009

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, sisil mehta wrote:

> This is prolly the noobest question ever but i'm new and dunno how to
> get around linux that well. How do i get flow_objects.c from
> gridflow/base/ running like seen in this link:

flow_objects.c is just a source file containing most builtin object
classes of gridflow. you don't use it directly, you run "make" to make
gridflow.pd_linux from that file (and from other files all together). Once
you have successfully loaded the "gridflow" library in Pd, all builtins
are supposed to be available. You shouldn't have any "undefined symbol"
error, because if you do, you're sure gridflow.pd_linux is NOT loaded.

almost every gridflow patch is using "flow_objects.c". maybe I shouldn't
have mentioned that file in the first place.

please make sure that you have gridflow loading properly at first, perhaps
by loading examples/hello-world.pd first, to see whether anything works at
all. There's no reason why [#labeling] wouldn't work.

Check the spelling, because I spelt [#labeling] with a single l, instead
of the double l such as "labelling" (both exist in english).