[PD] tabwriteat~ object

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 19:31:30 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Frank Barknecht<fbar at footils.org> wrote:

> I think, vtabwrite~ maybe could be used to make a "v"-version of tabwrite~, by
> which I mean something, that acts correctly with clock-delayed messages as
> vsnapshot~, vline~ etc. do.

That's a very good point--with the new tabwrite~ object, you're
already going to have to change its [bang( behavior anyway.  So why
not add it to your desired feature set also?

There ought to be some way to start a recording with sub-block
accuracy from clock-delayed messages, which is brilliant.

But I also think it exposes a sort of problem, like what things would
go wrong when only part of the table has been written in a single
block.  Good patching solves this case-by-case, but there's a
potential for things to go wrong somewhere.

Also, does that mean you'd be wanting at some point to add vtabplay~?
or other vtabxxxxx~ rewrites?

So, at the risk of sounding lazy, do you really want to have that sort
of growing project for an object you've already written?  or just name
it tabwriteto~?

Chuck