[PD] [PD-dev] puredata/gridflow/webcam driver=which are supported?

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Aug 7 19:57:32 CEST 2009

Quoting "sisil mehta" <sisilmet2000 at gmail.com>:

> Hey,
> As you had mentioned i did use libv4l, and finally my cam -- logitech
> quickcam e2500 started working with camorama. However it still doesnt work

we're getting closer.

> with PD???? PD always crashes when i'm using the #camera-help.pd while

please not that "GridFlow" is not "PD", nor is it the only way to
access a camera in Pd.
does the camera work with Gem or pdp?
if it works with Gem, you could use the Gem2GF bridge (which you have
turned off in your configuration process, btw)

> Could there be an issue with the OS (ubuntu 9.04) or while configuring ??
> I'm totally lost.

i don't think so.

just a wild guess: make sure that you don't use pwc-specific options
when using libv4l (read: have you turned off the "pwc" configuration
when compiling GF?)