[PD] Pd Manual

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Aug 12 04:28:54 CEST 2009

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Jack wrote:

> Or, sometimes, it can be used to connect an outlet of an object to its
> cold inlet. For example for a counter :

Yeah. But I was talking about what it was created for. It's also useful
for what you say, but there are other ways that are equally natural, such
as a [s]/[r] pair... I used to write a plain [f] there. [f] takes a tiny
bit more RAM and is a tiny bit faster, though I suppose it's usually an
unimportant difference. This is not the reason I picked [f] over [t f],
it's just that [f] is the first thing that came to my mind when I realised
that I had to circumvent Pd's "foolproof" manners.