[PD] Help Docs: element vs. item

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Aug 13 14:58:15 CEST 2009

On Aug 13, 2009, at 7:47 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>
>> "message" also "requires" a definition as much as anything else, >
>
> There is an introduction (not a real "definition") to Pd's messages
> here:
> http://puredata.info/dev/PdMessages/
>
> It uses the term "selector" all over, as I, too, think, it's key to
> understanding messages in Pd.

Just to be clear, that page is Frank's take on redefining the
PdDefinitions page.  I don't think we ever came up with a final,
agreed upon set of definitions, that's why I bring it up.  I think
mostly there is agreement on the definitions, but there are some key
differences.  You can see my attempt here (both on the bottom of the
PdDefinitions page).

http://puredata.info/dev/HansDataTypeDefinitions

On that note, it would be good to see other people digesting this info
and posted on that page.

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war on
terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom