[PD] motionblur ubuntu jaunty 9.04

Jack jack at rybn.org
Fri Aug 14 16:45:02 CEST 2009

Le vendredi 14 août 2009 à 16:09 +0200, Marco Donnarumma a écrit :
> Hi all,
> i know this topic has been discussed several times and i tried to read
> everything i found about it.
> I'm (finally) migrating to linux - (Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 + Pd-extended
> 41.4 rc3 + ATI Radeon)
Welcome ;)
> and my latest patch (which was working pretty fine on windozz) is
> sucking CPU in an awful way, making Pd freeze. What Pd don't like is
> [snap2tex].
> When i run the usual example 07.texture/08.motionblur.pd Pd freeze
> almost totally, even if i change [teapot] with [square].
Here with Ubuntu 9.04, Pd-ext 0.41.4, GEM 0.92 CVS, NVidia 9700M GTS,
the CPU up to 65 % with teapot and 6 % with square. But no freeze on my
system.
> So i found this long discussion on the dev-list
> http://markmail.org/message/kfw4bottersadpgh#query:related%
> 3Akfw4bottersadpgh+page:1+mid:zklyzlsnycqfasjn+state:results , but i
> didn't find a solution about the issue of [snap2tex] going incredibly
> slow on some OS.
Try [pix_snap] and [pix_texture].

> Beside i tried using [gemframebuffer] but i got no result and this
> message in Pd console:

> [gemframebuffer]: default format is GL_RGB, 6407
> [gemframebuffer]: default type is BYTE, 5121
> [gemframebuffer]: default format is GL_RGB, 6407
> [gemframebuffer]: default type is BYTE, 5121
> GEM: Direct Rendering enabled!
> GEM: GLEW version 1.5.0
> GEM: Start rendering
> error: [gemframebuffer]: openGL framebuffer extension is not supported
> by this system
> ... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.
Problem of ATI driver ? I'm not expert about this, but try to get the
last (good) driver for your graphic card.
++

Jack