[PD] motionblur ubuntu jaunty 9.04

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Fri Aug 14 22:33:52 CEST 2009

mmm.. i found out the truth.
i write this just for information (probably most of you already know it but
it can be useful to post it anyway).

catalyst 9.3 and earlier drivers don't support x 1.6 and catalyst 9.4
doesn't support a bunch of older radeon cards (as mine).
This means the only option one has is to downgrade to ubuntu 8.10.

2009/8/14 Marco Donnarumma <devel at thesaddj.com>

> Thanks Jack,
> as IOhannes confirmed it is probably a driver problem (anyway i don't think
> i can make faster my pacth with [pix_snap] and family since they will eat my
> cpu.., i prefer to manage this driver issue).
>
> @IOhannes
>
> gfx card:
> VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M56P [Radeon Mobility
> X1600]
>
> driver:
> xserver-xorg-video-ati 1:6.12.1-0ubuntu2
> xserver-xorg-video-radeon 1:6.12.1-0ubuntu2
>
> i suggest using the latest (urgh) proprietary drivers to get decent openGL
> performance...
>
> yes, keep on looking i found out the same suggestion in other forums.
> ok, i'll try to install that right away .. (i was afraid to hear it) :P

Marco Donnarumma aka The !S.A.D!

Multimedia Artist, Live Performer - Roma, IT

LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://www.flxer.net

EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net