[PD] [PD-dev] puredata/gridflow/webcam driver=which are supported?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Aug 15 18:39:18 CEST 2009

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:

>> Could there be an issue with the OS (ubuntu 9.04) or while configuring ??
>> I'm totally lost.
> i don't think so.
> just a wild guess: make sure that you don't use pwc-specific options when
> using libv4l (read: have you turned off the "pwc" configuration when
> compiling GF?)

With the newer GF, the PWC options are always compiled in, but are enabled
at runtime using a message that you have to send after the "open". This is
reflected in the structure of [#camera], which also greys-out any sliders
you can't use, etc.

Some older versions of GF used PWC options supposing they wouldn't
conflict with other camera drivers, which wasn't completely true, and so
there was a tiny compile-time hack that had to be done, but this has been
over for a while.

Just don't use GridFlow from CVS, though, as it is probably that much old
(maybe not). GridFlow switched to SVN a while ago, but I haven't removed
the CVS yet.