[PD] Help with pdj

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Aug 15 18:45:02 CEST 2009

Hallo,
> On Aug 15, 2009, at 12:05 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> Maybe on the Java side, OSC is a bit easier if you use some OSC
>> libraries.
>
> The pd message format is just text ending with a ";\n".  In Java, if you
> set the buffers to flush on \n, then it should work well.  There's not
> really anything else to it, so IMHO OSC is an extra headache, unless you
> want the timetagging features.

I do agree that FUDI-messages as used by netsend are generally simpler than
OSC, but *if* there are libraries for dealing with OSC, then *maybe* it is
easier for someone to just plug these into an app than to roll your own stuff
with netsend and low-level socket programming. IIRC in Processing OSC is
directly supported so nothing would need to be added anyway.

Ciao
--
Frank