[PD] [PD-dev] puredata/gridflow/webcam driver=which are supported?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Aug 15 19:06:35 CEST 2009

sisil mehta wrote:
> Hey,
> i'mm using ATI Radeon mobility 4570. I checked in the harddware drivers
> section and this is what i found:
>
> No proprietary are in use on this system.
>
> ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics driver
>  (description....)
>
> this driver is not activated.
> after this i hit the activate button and downloaded the driver...it
> installed. and the driver now shows active.
>
> PD still crahes when running any of gem's applications requiring a
> video. this is the error when i use dmesg::

hmm, i'm not sure whether i understand this.
- does it mean, that Pd/Gem _always_ crashes (when opening a window, or
closing a window, or...)
  OR
- does it mean that Pd/Gem crashes as soon as you use anything which
involves pixes (coming from e.g. [pix_image], [pix_film] and/or [pix_video])
  OR
- does it mean that Pd/Gem crashes as soon as you use [pix_video]?

in the first case, try running "glxgears" from the cmd-line and see what
it tells you (it is part of the mesa-utils patckage)

>  pd[4519]: segfault at 4 ip b787c5dc sp bfaee8e0 error 6 in
> libstdc++.so.6.0.10[b77c3000+e4000]
>  pd[4691]: segfault at b7b58824 ip b7f2bb64 sp bfa81bf4 error 7 in
> libpthread-2.9.so <http://libpthread-2.9.so>[b7f25000+15000]

in the last case, try running Pd/Gem from the cmdline and see what it
tells you before crashing.
try adding "-stderr" to also catch the messages to the Pd-console
try adding "-verbose" to get additional messages.

fgmasdr
IOhannes