[PD] gridflow: logitech e2500 working in ekiga but not with gridflow?!!!(i used libv4l)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Aug 16 17:22:05 CEST 2009

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009, Michal Seta wrote:
> I would suggest that for debugging purposes you start with pd-vanilla, so:
> $sudo mv /usr/lib/pd/default.pdsettings /usr/lib/pd/default.pdsettings.bak
> And if you created some custom settings you may have .pdsetting and/or
> .pdrc in your $HOME
> $mv ~/.pdsettings ~/pdsettings.bak
> $mv ~/.pdrc ~/pdrc.bak

I should stress out that the leading "$" isn't part of the command!

I remember a beginners' intro to unix that prefixed every command with "%"
in bold (the csh prompt). Some people actually retyped the "%" and got
frustrated over it! But in that case, there was a space after the prompt
character so it was more recognisable as such, than $mv. Frankly, I can
imagine a script that has $sudo and $mv written in it for real and for a
reason, which is the reason I decided to talk about this rather than not.

> Following that, pd should start only with internals and no 3rd party
> objects.  Then you simply do pd -path /path/to/gf/ -lib gridflow and
> take it from there. And only then you start adding other
> libraries/externals until you find the conflicting setup.

Yeah, but if you don't want to do it blindly with trial and error, then
on that.