[PD] Firewire 800 camera for GEM

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sun Aug 16 21:29:01 CEST 2009

On Sat, 2009-08-15 at 11:25 -0400, Jaime Oliver wrote:
> why not usb2? I am using the playsation 3 camera with great results
> and its about 30$

is it really USB 2.0 ? virtually any usb camera i checked advertises
itself as USB 2.0, though the few ones i tried are actually using 'only'
UHCI (which refers to USB 1.1). i guess, what the USB 2.0 label on those
cameras means is the fact, that they are compatible with USB 2.0 capable
ports.

in case you are on linux, could you post the relevant past few lines of
dmesg after having plugged in the camera? if this is really a USB 2.0
camera, i might be interested in purchasing one.

cheers
roman