[PD] [PD-dev] Pure Data/gridflow/running flow_objects.c

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Aug 17 21:44:39 CEST 2009

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, sisil mehta wrote:

> In the multiblob.pd pactch that u addded (i got it ffrom svn) i cant
> even open it. PD crashes when i try to open the patch(infact i cant even
> see the window with the patch when i click on multiblob.pd). Is the
> camera enabled by default in this patch? (because i got a similar error
> when using the #camera module, crashing PD).

Yes, [#camera 0] opens device #0, "/dev/video0". The default value of $1
of #camera is -1, which means "OFF" (nothing open).

> Could u not include the #camera section?

Usually, you'd use the startup option -noloadbang to get the patch loaded.
[#camera] and [#in] are abstractions which both use plain [loadbang]s to
do their stuff. This should allow you to edit the patch, save, restart pd
without -noloadbang and then run it.

> I wa thinking of getting a .mov file into te patch and trying outt he
> multiblob algo on it instead of a video feed from the camera(i can add
> the .mov part ). or should i just use the algo as seen the screen shot u
> gave?

the new screenshot has more hidden parts (subpatches) and also it's not
the latest version of the patch, as I said.