[PD] [PD-dev] Pure Data/gridflow/running flow_objects.c

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Aug 17 21:58:21 CEST 2009

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, sisil mehta wrote:

> i edited multiblob.pd and removed the camera source. Instead i added
> violoncella.mov as a source (play_video.pd which runs violoncella.mov works
> fine.)
> Now i ran the new multiblob.pd (i've attahced the file) and it doesnt
> run. PD crashes giving the following errors:

I hope that you have spelt that name right in the actual patch, because in
this email, you didn't. It's "violoncelle.mov". this is french spelling
for "cello".

> 0xb77035dc in __cxa_allocate_exception () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6

Nearly every error message of GridFlow is turned into a crash in
__cxa_allocate_exception because of the ATI/C++ driver conflict. There
might be a GDB command that can show the contents of the error message in
such a case, but i don't recall how...

I can't test the ATI/C++ driver conflict because I don't have access to
such a computer these days.

> I've been trying to run something on this for the last 2 weeks. I still
> havent been able to. I had issues with Gem also so the whole Gem2GF
> didnt work out. Even now when i run a Gem application, it runs but when
> i try to destroy the window pd crashes. Hasnt anyone experienced this
> before??? Is it a issue with the graphics card(ATI Radeon 4570)?? should
> i just change the linux distro(Ubuntu 9.04)?? Has anyone used a distro
> where all these features have worked??

AFAIK, the ATI driver problem occurs regardless of the distro. Perhaps
someone can tell whether there is an alternate ATI driver from a different
author, or any history of which versions have this conflict...