[PD] [PD-dev] Pure Data/gridflow/running flow_objects.c

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 18 09:19:14 CEST 2009

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> you could open the patch without GF being loaded: it won't work but it
>> shouldn't crash then and you can remove the objects you think are
>> causing the crash all by yourself.
>
> It's an alternative to -noloadbang but I'd say -noloadbang is a bit
> easier as you don't have to deconfigure anything.

definitely.
since i didn't know wha tactually caused the problem (whether it was a
[loadbang] or an object initialization by arguments), i suggested the
safe (but more complex way).

so in short:
if a patch crashes, try:
- disabling loadbang by using the "-noloadbang"
OR (if the above fails)
- make Pd not find crashy objects, by not loading libraries, not giving
paths,...

fgmasdr
IOhannes