[PD] [PD-announce] metastudio 3 CRITICAL update

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 18 17:26:08 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I've updated the metastudio packages with the old svf~ external in the drumsynths (clinok~, clinoker~ and fmf_perc~) and svf_fl~.
The bsaylor/svf~ external has problems - denormals cause the filter to max out the CPU and will crash any patch mid-preformance. I also found this problem with moog~ (in moog_fl~) so watch out for it crashing your patch! If it does, I recommend switching to svf_fl~ for a dynamic filter.

This is a critical update, so if you're using metastudio then head over to
http://sharktracks.co.uk/puredata
And save yourself some future embarrassment!

Enjoy!
Ed