[PD] call for translations for new Pd GUI

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Aug 20 17:38:17 CEST 2009

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Just to make sure there is a perfectly clean copyright status on these
> files, I removed anything with an unclear copyright, and generated some
> new locales based on public domain files.

I don't think there's any real problem with you using translations from
DesireData, if only you honour the names of the translators.

It depends on your ambitions though. If you decide to limit yourself to
words that are the same in any software, then it doesn't matter, but if
you want translation for Pd-specific things, then it would make sense to
make use of DesireData's translations. There's a difference between
translating 50 words and translating 500 phrases. What I made the
translators do, is to translate 500 phrases.