[PD] Hot inlet position

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Aug 20 21:22:21 CEST 2009

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009, Gabriel Vinazza wrote:

> Once more, as an artist, I know that the freedom is on my mind... so I
> can make music even with a spoon.

Spoons are a traditional percussion instrument in my culture. The idea
that music can be made with a spoon is thus not only normal to me, it's
also very old-fashioned.

> I just wanted to say that Pd is a beatiful spoon.

I hope that it can be used as much more than that. I mean, there are all
those sophisticated devices that in the end got used as doorstops and
paperweights, and I don't wish them that. I justed want to say that Pd is
an excellent kind of Pd (sic), that can be used in terms of what it is
instead of whatever else we like to compare it to.

(comparisons also become more legitimate when you carefully select the
object compared to, according to the number and depth of its
similarities...)

And if "ideally" Pd should be just a "musical instrument" that you only
have to "tune and play", it's only to go with those musicians who ideally
should understand the breadth and depth of Pd's potential, but in practice
don't.