[PD] "audio I/O stuck... closing audio" error message

Yu Lao noise.now at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 12:01:46 CEST 2009

I'm trying to run Pd on a Linux distribution based on Debian (AVLinux).

My audio hardware (RME) has ALSA drivers and seems to work but I'm unable to
test it - there is no sound from any application, selecting ALSA or Jack
doesn't improve the situation..

Jack runs fine, I can see Pd and the system, connect them and everything
looks good except that in the instant that I select Jack as audio device for
Pd the canvas displays this error message.

Googling sends me to the source code and mail archives that are not
accessible from here (China), so I'm clueless.

I'd very much appreciate any suggestions how to solve the problem. Even how
to test audio hardware with a test signal or so.

Best
Jurgen