[PD] pd 0.43 branch with the new GUI code

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Aug 26 06:51:28 CEST 2009

A complete rewrite of Pd's GUI is starting to be usable.  Miller has
accepted the core of this code into his repo for 0.43.  Now we need to
get the whole thing done!  There is now a branch for continuing off of
Miller's initial 0.43 commit here:

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/branches/pd-gui-rewrite/0.43

There is a wiki page to keep track of progress with build
instructions, etc.:

http://puredata.info/dev/PdGuiRewrite

Try it out on GNU/Linux or Mac OS X, no one's tried to get it running
on Windows yet, you could be the first.  Shouldn't be too hard since
its all Tcl.  There is lots of work left to do, and you can contribute
in many different ways. We always need testers, try using this Pd
version in your normal work, and report any and all bugs, problems,
feature ideas, etc. The simplest way is to contribute code is to
create a translation for Pd. You can also look thru the Tcl source for
things marked TODO and take a stab and doing them. If you want to
improve the GUI, make the new Pd window for example, an announce your
interest to  pd-dev to make sure there are no duplications of efforts.

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said, hobbling
away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out another pink-
collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf